Saturday, May 29, 2010

Men Wearing Running Tights

The other side of the mirror: Seven Maternity



----------- -------------------------------------------------- ------

fight monsters who care to become turn into a monster. When you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.
Friedrich Nietzsche.

------------------------------------------------ -------------------

discovered this song at the end of the film title Seven . This is a topic that I liked and then, later, to see the video, I succumbed to the fascination of its rawness and plasticity. Seven

is a movie that I do not see often. I did not like in the good sense of the word bother me, shocked me, left me the courage low ebb, it was like letting go of the hand of Bambi to fall into the worst of nightmares. However

found the film fascinating, offers a pessimistic, realistic and pessimistic in the world and human beings who inhabit it. He taught me what it hides "our world" civilization and technology, as a metaphor and a vision at times lyrical.

Straddling thriller, black cinema, made a tape fashion on serial murderers. I have seen many and by far this is my favorite.

The story is simple: a young detective, ambitious newcomer to the city and another about to retire, investigating a heinous crime committed by a serial murderer. Eventually discover that the murderer is a pattern, the deadly sins listed in The Divine Comedy of Dante Alighieri. Soon they will be aware that behind the murders is hiding someone worship, which stands as judge and executioner of the miseries human, by paying each of the victims their sin. The detectives end up being pawns of the plot of the murderer, leading them to face themselves apart from the author of the murders.

The pace and tension is crescendo, at the same horror at the cruelty to the victims. At the same time not just to condemn the murderer, who sees the world through the eyes of someone totally disappointed, disgusted with the dark side we all have your own dark side. The murderer is a great manipulator who ultimately wins the game Detective Mills, to the serene sadness of Somerset detective, who, played masterfully by actor Morgan Freman, notes the world with the grief of those who see further and know what will happen. At times he even seems to understand John Doe in his crusade against evil, making it himself.

At the time this film impressed me deeply, is well done and many details are wisely studied the darkness of the scenes, the sense of degradation of the city and people, feelings of impotence in some humans before the unstoppable machine of civilization and a certain fascination with the dark side in everyone, although in some things that balance between light and shadow to create horror breaks.

made me think a lot about people that presumably know, which does not, which I fear, which scares me. I did look closely at strangers on the street, on my way to work, on my walks around town, to see, to examine precisely what can not be seen.

Seeing how the world goes, watching the movements of people at work, reading the newspaper, checking every day the pride of many people who engaƱna, defraud, swindle others for personal gain, at times, I come like a flash menacing figure of John Doe, saying, inviting and in the last scenes Mill told the detective: "feel the wrath" ...

A friend of mine, anarchist heart, usually me who does not believe in the intrinsic goodness of human beings. I used to contradict with stupid arguments, but I'm seeing, I'm sensing, which is sadly likely to be more right than me.

That's a little message, I believe, from Seven. And Bowie takes superbly master that feeling in your video clip, disturbing and transgressive.

As before mentioned four important facts about the film. The cast of players is a luxury, highlighting Morgan Freman addition to Kevin Spacey who discovered it in this movie. I can not imagine an actor getting into the skin of John Doe.

------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ ORIGINAL TITLE

Seven (Se7en). Published in 1995
DURATION 127 min. Directed by David Fincher

screenplay by Andrew Kevin Walker Howard Shore

MUSIC PHOTOGRAPHY Darius Khondji
Cast: Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kevin Spacey, John C. McGinley, Richard Roundtree, R. Lee Meyer, Leland Orser, Richard Schiff
PRODUCER: New Line Cinema
AWARDS 1995: Nominated for Oscar: Best Film Editing
1995: Nominated for BAFTA: Best Original Screenplay
1995: National Board of Review: Best Actor (Kevin Spacey)
1995 : Critics Circle New York: Best Actor (Kevin Spacey) ---------------------------------
----------------------------

0 comments:

Post a Comment